The Bundt cake is one of my favourite recipes, just because the shape is so cool and it tastes really nice; It is perfect for special occasions. The smell of the cinnamon and ginger takes me close to the Chistmas time.
There are many recipes for Bund cake, but the one from today…apple, nuts and caramel frosting… is just delicious!
Here we go!
Ingredients for the cake:
125 g butter room temperature
300 g flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
60 ml of milk
200 g of brown sugar
150 g of white sugar
1 handful of walnuts
1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the frosting:
50 g butter
100 g of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
100 ml whipping cream
150g icing sugar
Preparation for the cake:
1) Peel the apples into small pieces, reserve in a bowl where we will add the ginger, cinnamon and orange zest … let it rest for a few minutes.
2) Mix well the butter with the brown sugar until we get a soft dough. Then we add the 4 eggs, one after mixing the other.
3) We add to this mix the apples, white sugar and milk and then we can add the sifted flour with baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Slowly stir until all ingredients are well integrated.
4) We pour our Bundt cake mix into the mold and when we have it half full, distribute laminated nuts, then pour the rest of the mix. Make sure the entire mixture is evenly distributed.
5) Take it to the oven preheated at 180 ºC for about 45-50 minutes (depending on the oven)
Important: after you take it out from the oven, let cool before removing the cake from the pan.
1) Melt the butter in a pan, then, add brown sugar, cinnamon and orange zest … stir well until all ingredients are blended.
2) Now add the cream until it sarts boiling, stirring well, should evolve gradually into a delicious caramel cream.
3) Remove from the heat and leave cool down for a few minutes. Add the icing sugar sifted previously and stir well, you will see that it acquires a creamy consistency.
Now you can decorate your Bundt cake…. in this case I sprinkled on top a few bits of almonds.
It is delicious, apple gives much juiciness and yummie texture; perfect for a special occasion or celebration! and this time I had to hurry to take the pictures, the cake was gone really quiclky !! 🙂
I hope you enjoyed it and you try to make the recipe. Have a great weekend !!!