This yummy breads are one of the most classic recipes of english tea time, also they are so easy to prepare…you can add raisins, dates, cinnamon, or whatever you like to make them more tasty 🙂
We need the following ingredients:
450 g of all purpose flour
a pinch of salt
3-4 tablespoons of sugar
250 ml of milk
2-3 teaspoons of baking powder
60 g of butter at room temperature
Lemon zest, raisins, cinnamon…(optional)
Step by step:
- In a bowl, mix the sifted flour, salt and baking powder, then add the butter and start kneading with your hands until well mixed and you get a lumpy dough.
- Add the sugar, lemon zest (or whatever you have chosen like raisins or cinnamon). make a hole in the middle and add the milk; start kneading now until you get a soft dough.
- Sprinlke a bit of flour on the working table, and start flatten the dough with a rolling pin until you have a1 cm wide.
- Shape the scones with the help of a rounded cutter, place the scones on the baking tray and brush them with milk.
- Bake forabout 10-15 minutes (or until they are lightly brown on top) at 210-220º C
- Normally they are served cut in half, together with jam and cream, but feel free to add whatever you like most: chocolate butter, more cream… 😉
And that´s it! easy and very tasty, enjoy!